Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tell it like BB King Does...


Barb and I spent the weekend at Harrison Hot Springs Resort. The church gave us a gift certificate when we left last fall so we used it to celebrate our 18th Anniversary and enjoyed it to the fullest. What an amazing place. Our room was a Junior Suite, overlooking the lake. Can't beat the view. The pools were great, but the highlights were on Sunday. We started with golf. It was my second game of the year, Barb's first in 2 years, but we had a ton of fun... I had the best drive of my life on the 9th hole (Par 4, 370 yds, dog-leg left. I was on in 2 and all would have been perfect, except for the fact that I got a bit impatient with the 4 snails (look up "slow play" in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of this foursome...) playing in front of us and drove the ball over their heads... I was torn between "oh no... that ball is still going...." and "oh WOW... that ball is still going..." Three of the four couldn't have cared less and were such "non-golfers" that they actually played to the wrong green. The other person (there always has to be one of these...) waited for me on the 9th green. After a pointed "you shouldn't..." I went on to 3 putt the green... grrrr..... It was still a great shot...

After a lesuirely lunch, Barb went for a hot stone massage. She absolutely loved it! I'm still trying to get my head around what's so cool about river rocks heated in a roaster, but she thought it was pretty cool. I read the Da Vinci code while she was gone. It would be a better book if Tom Clancy had written it, but it's okay....

We went to "Billy Bob's Jazz and Blues" for dinner. Dinner was okay, but the entertainment was great. We hung out for 3 hours enjoying ourselves to the max. Some people shouldn't dance and some who do should only do it when no one is watching... There was even an "amen" corner of sorts... an older lady was sitting up near the stage "coming into agreement" with the artist... It was kind of like this...

"Tell it like BB King does..." That's right.... Uh huh... C'mon now... you can say that again...."

I AM NOT KIDDING!! It was truly the funniest thing I've seen in a long time...

My parents had the kids who had a great time going to the Falkland Rodeo, learning to shoot a pellet gun and generally enjoying a weekend in the country. All in all... it was a great time!!





No comments: