Saturday, June 10, 2006

I AM A CHRISTIAN

I'm a part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Spiritpower. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. Thedecision has been made. I'm a disciple of His. I won't look back,let up, slow down, back away, or be still.My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future issecure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, smallplanning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundanetalking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals.I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions,plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops,recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith,lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor bypower.My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road isnarrow, my way rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, mymission clear.I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back,deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table ofthe enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the mazeof mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayedup, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and preached up for the cause ofChrist. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give tillI drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when Hecomes for His own, He will have no problems recognizing me--mybanner will be clear!!!Written by a young African pastor: It was tacked on the wall of hishouse, and found after he died as a martyr for the Gospel!

1 comment:

D said...

That's awesome!