Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Knowing His Plan

I have more "favorite verses" than I can tell you about, but the one that comes to my mind today is from Jer. 29:11. "For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

God's plans are established by his declaration. In the beginning "God said let there be ... and it was as He had declared it should be. The same is true with our lives. In the beginning, as he knit us together in our mother's womb, God said, "Let there be prosperity, peace, hope and a future" over our lives. I'm well aware that there are many who believe that God wouldn't or doesn't do stuff like that, but everything I see in the Bible tells me He does.

As a dad, I want the best for my kids. I see them being successful, prosperous, happy and healthy. If I can believe these things will happen in the lives of my children, how much more will a Perfect God want those same things for me and for my kids? Jesus said, "If you being evil know how to give good gifts, how much more will your Father in Heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him."

I had a moment this evening when I was talking with a friend who is very likely moving to Ottawa over the next few weeks. The last time we talked, neither one of us would have known it was happening, but over the last few weeks, God has been putting some things together. I'm excited for him. He's a wonderful person and will be a tremendous blessing in our capital city. He's very aware of the vision that burns within me to reach our leaders with the love and life of Jesus. As we talked about his upcoming move, we both realized the divine implications as God was ordering both his steps and mine toward the same place at some point in the future. It was an "aha" moment that continues to burn inside of me. God is up to something much bigger than anything I would have dreamed of.

Eph 3:20 tells us that He is able to do immeasurably more than all we are able to think or ask or imagine. I'm starting to see it happen and can hardly wait to see how it all plays out over the coming months and years!

In case you're wondering, God does play favorites. And you're one of them. We are all "favorites" in His eyes and He is constantly looking for ways to show His favor to us!

Enjoy the ride!

No comments: