Saturday, October 14, 2006

How well do you fit?

Kind of a strange title, but it comes out of a comment I heard this week. What the guy was saying was "If you fit in this world, your DNA is too small." The point he was making was that when we live according to God's plan for our lives, we live larger than we do when we live outside of that plan.

It's given me a lot to think about over the last few days. The world is corrupt, distorted and "less" than what God created it to be. When we fit within it, it speaks to the size of our spiritual DNA. I'm not suggesting that not fitting needs to be apparent on the outside and that we adopt 80's hair/clothing styles just so that it's apparent that we don't really belong. I think it's more about recognizing that those of us with a renewed spiritual DNA won't find what we are looking for on this planet.

As I write this, I'm hearing U2's "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" in my mind. It could be an anthem for the spiritually renewed, knowing that what we are looking for is found in another kingdom that is both now and "not yet".

Our DNA wires us for service, sacrifice, abundance and purpose that goes beyond normal living and propels us into a dynamic realm where God is both present and powerfully active. That's the place where miracles happen and the supernatural becomes natural.



No comments: