Sunday, January 07, 2007

And God said...

In the beginning there was chaos. There was nothing to see. Absolute darkness covered everything and it seemed like nothing was going on. And yet in the darkness, the Holy Spirit hovered over it all. He was there "brooding". A quick evaluation would say "there's not much happening here" and that would be accurate except that Holy Spirit was doing something unseen, unheard and undetected. He was preparing the chaos for the moment God said "Let there be..." so that when God spoke it something amazing could happen.

Understanding this incredible reality makes a huge difference in my life. It helps me to understand those periods of my life that make no sense to me in the natural. I've been blessed and have enjoyed some tremendous days of ministry when God was so close that at times it was as though you could smell Him. There have been other times when life and ministry felt a lot like I was banging my head against a wall and that God was nowhere to be found. Coming to recognize that He was at work in the chaos and preparing me for the next step when God spoke another "Let there be..." over my life, has brought tremendous healing and release to me.

You might feel as though God is far away and has forgotten your name and address. It may be that you are spinning your wheels and wondering what's going on in your life. Your life might even look more chaotic than ever before. It might look black for you, but the reality is that the Holy Spirit is hovering over it all, preparing you for the opportunities that will appear as suddenly as light came forth when God said "Let there be..."

So... don't give up or quit. Today may be the day God says "Let there be..." over your life.



3 comments:

Louise said...

Tim - did you get your fabulous card from me yet?

Tim Schindel said...

I did get the fabulous card. Love the Kedeleston water the best. Barb actually used to buy that "green stuff" from Starbucks and drink it .... yech!!

Louise said...

If the green stuff is from Starbucks, it is VERY SAFE to drink... hot or cold it's my fave too! The "other" green stuff - wouldn't even swim in it!