Monday, December 31, 2007

Filling The Earth

I've mentioned before that we live within a few blocks of the ocean. We've been through a series of significant storms over the past few weeks which has provided some spectacular waves. While it's always fun to watch the waves, I particularly like to watch the waves come in as the tide is rising. There are always large pieces of driftwood that are impossible to move at low tide because of their mass. However, as the tide rises and the waves roll in, those large logs begin to float and are moved to wherever the waves toss them next. What seemed impossible a few hours earlier is now entirely feasibile just because the tide has risen.

I continue to ponder the wonder of these familiar words from Habakkuk 2:14. "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. " While I am confident that God has been at work in the past, I am approaching 2008 with a fresh expectation that God's heart for our province and nation in 2008 is to accelerate the process of filling the earth with the knowledge of his glory, love, wisdom and presence. Perhaps I feel this way because I see His Spirit at work in the lives of the leaders of our land, or perhaps it is because I see and sense a rising tide of the presence and working of God across our nation.

Perhaps this will be the year that He will have Dominion from sea to sea and from the River to the ends of the earth.

No comments: