Monday, June 09, 2008

PrayBC Report

Back in 1994, I was a part of something amazing. March For Jesus had been happening in Victoria for about 3 years and had become an exciting event in the city. If I remember correctly, '94 was the 'big event' that culminiated with a celebration on the lawn of the BC Legislature. Something like 5000 people filled the grounds to worship, pray and celebrate. In my mind's eye, that's where I see PrayBC one day.

Yesterday marked our first event here in the Capital Region. We had approximately 350 people join us for the day. The weather was perfect. The band was amazing and the flow of the entire event was marked by God's pleasure and presence. I am so grateful to the many volunteers who helped make this happen.

We had guests from Bremerton, WA., San Francisco, CA, Ontario and Austrailia. The gentlemen from Austrailia heard the band playing 'Shout To The Lord' and said, 'That's our song!' so he came over to see what we were doing.

We had some very positive and affirming feedback on the day. NO ONE complained about how loud the music was, (YAY) and several members of the Legislature staff asked if we would come again next year.

At one point as the event was moving along, I was filled with a sense of awe and wonder at what we had begun. I can't help but think of the times in the bible where the people of God began to pray for their nation and what the results were. We'll keep doing PrayBC. The next year presents some incredible opportunities for the church to make a difference on it's knees through the upcoming Municipal elections in BC as well as a general election in just under a year.

What if we stopped singing about it, talking about it and actually did it?? How much fun would it be to see what God would do if we just invited Him into the process? I can't wait to find out!!!

I've got pictures coming of our event that I will post as soon as I get them.

Check back in a few days.

No comments: