Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Pastor Speaks About Barak Obama

I confess that I've been somewhat stunned by the response of leaders within the Church to the election of Barak Obama. I've read their books, used their material and held them in high regard, but their mean-spirited response to Mr. Obama's election to the presidency really disturbs me. I've been tempted to write a rebbutal, but I don't think it would serve the purpose that I intend. Then I determined to do nothing, which is appealing but so NOT what I really believe in.

Then a friend shared this video with me. While the focus is clearly American, I can't help but be impressed with the pastor's approach, wisdom and integrity as he handles a difficult and complex issue. It's about 20 minutes in length but well worth the time and I'd encourage you to watch it, particularly if you are a pastor or church leader.


Beeson's Thoughts from Granger Community on Vimeo.



Have an awesome day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that!