Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Original Flash Mob


I've just become aware of what a 'Flash Mob' is.  If you've never heard the term, a 'flash mob' is a group of people who rehearse a presentation privately and then present it in a public venue like a mall, transportation hub or anywhere else a large crowd of people may gather.  It looks like a lot of fun and has become something of a recent cultural phenomena.  If you've never seen what it looks like,  the one below is one of the best that I've seen.  This happened in a Food Court in Welland, Ontario.


I've got to say, I love what happens here.  A friend of mine wonders if the church should be doing this kind of thing.  It strikes me that the question is somewhat moot because the original flash mob was performed by angels on the hills outside Bethlehem.  The angels surprised a group of shepherds who had no idea that anything unusual was about to happen. 

Once again, God is light years ahead of the coolest things that we do.  Enjoy the video!

2 comments:

Danica said...

That was fun!

Louise said...

Bring on the flash mobs! I love them! Hope yours goes smoothly & I'm hoping you'll post some footage of it :)