Saturday, July 14, 2012

Early Morning Phone Call

My phone rang early yesterday morning.  When I answered it, I was greeted by a familiar voice.  I've known this person for a long time.  The last few years have been fairly challenging and difficult for them.  After a bit of small talk, the caller said she had some important news to share.  She proceeded to tell me that after many years of living life on her own terms, she had recommitted her life to Christ last week.  This was a welcome but thrilling surprise to me.  I feel a bit like the father in the parable of the prodigal son. It's been a bit of a long and winding road with many ups and downs along the way but I am hopeful (and FAITH FULL) that the future looks much better than the recent past has been for both her and her family.  In the meantime, I can't stop singing and celebrating because of this very good news!

Don't stop believing!!

No comments: