Wednesday, December 07, 2016

'Four Months More??' - Ontario Update

Winter keeps sending signs of its impending arrival here in Toronto, but I woke up this morning thinking about spring.  

I’m not thinking about full blown blossoms and freshly mowed grass, but more about those early days when the crocuses and tulips push their way through the hard-packed soil and the tips of their greenery can just be seen.  For me, it’s one of the first signs that winter’s grasp is fading and that a new season is dawning.

That picture describes what I see happening at Queens Park in Toronto.  Next week concludes our first full session here and I can say with confidence that I am seeing signs of life and growth that give me hope for a harvest in the months and years to come.  Those indicators are anything from a text message, to an invitation to an event, to a warm conversation over lunch where the questions are beginning to migrate to the things that matter most and the list goes on.  These moments are foundational to what God has in store. 

I’m tempted to say 4 months more and then the harvest, but deep in my heart of hearts I keep hearing the words out of Amos 9 ‘that the plowman will overtake the reaper’ and in so doing will restore Ontario to its God given destiny and role within our nation.







No comments: