Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Just Ask...

Last year, I agreed to be Santa for a friend’s Christmas event.  My favourite part was having kids chat with me at length as they asked ‘Santa’ for a long list of Christmas gifts.  In most cases, I had NO IDEA what they were asking for.  I was advised to make no promises but instead say that Santa’s sled only had so much room but that I would do my best.  (That said, I may have promised a puppy or two…) Apparently, Santa’s capacity to deliver is limited by the size of his sled and parental ability to purchase.

Over the last week, I’ve been pondering these words, written hundreds of years before Jesus was born.  What makes them especially interesting is that David captures a conversation between God the Father and Jesus his Son and then shares it with us.  

From Ps 2:8… ‘Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession…’

George Beverly Shea was the long- time soloist for Billy Graham.  His signature song was ‘How Big is God?’  Based on what I just shared, God is big enough to promise and deliver NATIONS to those who believe He can and are bold enough to ask!  Not only that, but in Isaiah 9, that same God promises to establish the government upon the shoulders of His Promised Son. 

I realize that there is a disconnect between global events and what I see written in God’s unchanging word and so I have a choice to make.  I can be swayed by what I see or I can be grounded by what I know to be timeless truth.   In this Christmas season, I choose to put my trust in ‘the One’ to whom the nations were promised and align myself with His purposes and plans.

You don't have to guess what's on the top of my Christmas list!

From all of us at Leading Influence, have a VERY Merry Christmas!


No comments: